Sunday, July 18, 2010

She-women-man haters!

This weekend my boyfriend left for what I'm calling a He-Man-Woman-Hater's club weekend. He and his guy friends went to have some guy time and watch some bands. The man's weekend was complete with a pact not to speak to the "women" as the so affectionately deemed us girl friends.

While some girls might not be comfortable with this, instead, I decided to take the chance to have a She-woman-man hater's club Saturday! Now, of course we don't really hate men; we just needed a girl's day.

About a year and a half ago, me and these beautiful ladies were in very different places. One had just become a Christian and none of us had boyfriends. Now, three of us do, one is a certified marathoner about to move across the county, and one is a growing Christin woman. Our lives are so different from only a year and a half ago. Maybe we don't see each other as frequently anymore, but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other any less.

That was the point of the weekend. It doesn't matter how life changes; who comes, who goes... You will always need girlfriends. Of course girlfriends can't compare to Christ, but God gave us girlfriends to fulfill something we need on earth. And while it's important to make new friends, it's good to have friends that know you inside and out to keep you accountable.

I love these women, and I'll never forget the wonderful day we got to get our nails done, lay out at the pool, and goarge ourselves on Mexican food. More than anything, I cherish the chats we got to have this day.

One note I'd like to make. One thing I love about my friends is while we love to share to good and sad about our lives, we also love asking about each other's lives. That is what being a friend is. It's not about you, it's about the other...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank God for girl friends and days with them..

I agree with that last statement, I used to only have friends who talked about them selves, that's not a friendship.. I have developed SO many friendships now where we ask about each other, and that's a friendship!!

My Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

I could not agree more twin. Godly girlfriends can never be replaced and must always be cherished. No matter how long we go without seeing each other we can always know we are ALWAYS there for each other at any given moment.