Thursday, March 11, 2010

2000 hours/yr spent at work

Last night I apparantly had too much time on my hands. I calculated that on average we spend 2000 hours per year at work. My first thought was obviously...ugh. There are 8,760 hours in the year, and we spend 2,000 at work.

So after my first thought, I realized that I should use that time! If I'm going to be at work, I should make the best of it! Why do most of us use that time just counting down to the weekend?

We should spend that time loving: Loving others and the gifts and opportunities that God has given us.

Proverbs 5:15 says, "All the days of the opressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."

We can be opressed in spirit and make ourselves live wretched lives. You can choose to and pray that God will give you a cheerful spirit.

Students: Same thing applies to you! You spend 9 months out of the year in school, use it!!!

No comments: