Sunday, November 6, 2011

One step at a time...

Running for me and most is a form of therapy. Sometimes it helps manifest problems I may need to address. Anything that is going on in your brain will manifest in your running. You can't separate it.

One of my biggest struggles is worry. I will worry about things that have a less than 1% chance of happening. In the past year I have realized that by worrying, I am not trusting in God. But, it's interesting how much we can let worry infiltrate our lives.

I realized that I've done this in my running. Oddly enough...it has nothing to do with my falling! I've started running with a running group, and the coach and all the other runners keep telling me that I should be running 15 miles for my long run to train for the full in January. I know these are coaches that have gotten hundreds of runners across the finish line, but I still am worried that I'm not running enough!





"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner





That quote is true, but when to train too hard too soon, you are asking for an injury. Then, all in one moment, your hard work, dedication and hope is gone. All because I worried and trained too hard.

So, I will train for the race of life as I train for the race set before me on January 15, 2012. One step at a time. With diligence, patience, and care. I will trust the Lord to get me through life just as I will trust coaches to get me across the finish line.

After all, I trust the Lord with their lives...www.asourown.com...why don't I trust Him with mine?

No comments: