Monday, October 17, 2011

I love Fall!!

When I was younger, my favorite time of year was Spring/Summer...or let's call it like it is...the 8 months of the year that are triple-digit temps in Houston. I loved that it was hot, there was no school, you could spend all day at the pool, go to the lake, and so much more. It was a season of renewal. But, let's face it...Summer is a bit of a selfish season. It's all about the bikini body, fun, and freedom.

Maybe it's a sign of me aging (I know I know... not old...yet), but the past two years, Fall has wedged it's way into my heart. I think it shows that my priorities have changed over the years. Fall is when the holidays start and family events begin. I love the food, the decorations, and the idea that family, friends, and love really matter.

Also, Fall has become the season that reminds me of new beginnings. Two years ago in October, I met my favorite person :). We spent the Fall and Winter learning about each other and ourselves. That same year, I was able to venture to India where I met some amazing girls that touched my heart. My life has never been the same, and I thank God for Fall 2009.

When I came back from India, first, I looked to see if a certain someone had emailed or messaged me! Then, I thought, how do I bring this fight back to the states. I had seen the Red Light District and the homeless suffering. But I had also seen girls rescued to the light and men determined to spread love to a country.

Almost two years later, it feels like a dream. India was the most amazing experience of my life. And as much as I want to be there, hugging these sweet, amazing young woman, I know that I am an advocate on this side of the world. That is why I run. As the air cools, I am reminded of packing by bags, and heading across the world.

We are here for a short time. How do I want my time used? I want to do something extraordinary. I want to do something that lives beyond my years. So I run. I run for every girl in India that has been told her life is worthless. I run for every girl that needs to know she is a daughter of the King.

If you want to be a part of something that will last for eternity and will leave a legacy of love across the world, please consider donating. You can donate to As Our Own by clicking the title of this blog or copying this into your browser https://iwillrun.myetap.org/fundraiser/houston/individual.do?participationRef=977.0.134245405. I promise, you won't regret leaving your legacy.

No comments: