Monday, December 13, 2010

More than a Medal!

I'm about 7 weeks away from running the Houston Half Marathon in support of Living Water International. I want to thank everyone for their donations, prayers, and encouragement along the way.

So far I've raised $430 of my $1,000 goal! All this money goes to people all over the world that need clean water. Recently, they went to Haiti to help them recover from all the disasters that have hit their land. Last year, they went to Africa and India - and that's just some of the trips they take. It's true we need to help those at home, but we are to "Love our neighbors," and I believe our neighbors are everywhere.

"More than a medal" is what our coach keeps telling us. We run for "more than a medal." Let me tell you that saying helps on those lonnnng 11-mile runs in our wonderful 80-degree Decembers!

I did an 11-mile run on Saturday, so I'm definitely ahead of schedule. As I said it's not always easy, but remembering every step is for more than just a medal helps me to keep putting one foot in front of the other...

It also reminds about life. Some days, like some runs, go smoothly. You feel great, everything is going your way, and people are cheering you on! Then, there are the days, and the runs, that nothing seems to go your way. You're just not feeling it, and no one is there to cheer you on. Well, on those days we can remember that we don't live this life for a medal - or a paycheck. We live, and we run, to share love. And that is what keeps us putting one foot in front of the other.

Thanks again!

http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/Donate/PersonalPage.cfm?MID=6619&CRID=29

No comments: