Tuesday, November 13, 2012

60 days until race day!! $500 to go!!

Let me start by saying yes, I know...I just did a fundraiser for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and now here I am fundraising again. I guess the phrase "break my heart for what breaks yours" did a double take with me. I was given the opportunity to run for PCHAS - Presbyterian Children's Homes and Services, and I had to take it. I didn't have an entry into the marathon this year (because genius me, missed the entry), and so when I was put in contact for PCHAS I felt like this was meant to be.

PCHAS was founded in 1903 as an orphanage in Dallas and provide residential services, adoption, foster care as well as education and aftercare. A quick look at their success story page here are a testimony to what they are doing.

Every day we watch the news and hear stories of a "good kid" that got mixed up with the wrong crowd. Or the young student that was abandoned or abused. I hear people every day say they can't watch the news because it's too sad. I don't know if it's because it's sad or if it's because we feel hopeless. I'm humbled by the work that PCHAS does. They don't sit back and get overwhelmed by the massive need. They live the story of the little boy that tossed the starfish back into the ocean. He could not save them all, but he knew that doing as much as he could mattered. One starfish at a time.

So I am honored to raise funds for such a wonderful organization. I hope that you will take the time to research them and find out what they are about. Please pray for me as I train and hope to beat my personal best. Pray for the students that in their care that they should feel loved and see hope. Pray for the others that will come into their arms in the future. And, if you feel lead, please make a donation to support me. I have goal of $500 in 60 days. That's less than $10 per day. We don't have to feel helpless, we can help. See my page here

No comments: