Friday, February 4, 2011

Finish Strong!!

It was almost one week ago that through blurry eyes I saw the finish line of the Aramco Half Marathon. I saw the finish line - not the clock. I honestly don't remember seeing the clock. My mind was focused on the finish line - and crossing it.

My eyes were blurry for a few reasons, and not just because it had been sprinkling.

First, I ran this race raising money for Living Water International. I wanted to exceed in fundraising and exceed at running. When I crossed the line, I prayed that someday children in need around the world can cross a finish line of their own.

Second, I was thinking of my uncle that died almost 5 years ago. My uncle ran the full marathon many years before. At many times during the race when I was exhausted, it gave me strength to know that I was following in my uncle's footsteps. I hope I made him proud.

Third, I knew I had beat my goal. I beat my time by 10 minutes! I didn't know I had done that well, but reaching a goal, any goal, is reason to celebrate.

It was a fun and amazing race. But I'll leave you with my 5 things to remember on race day:

5. Go to the bathroom!
I know, seems silly. I try to get to the race early enough to go to the bathroom right before. Races are won and lost in the port-a-potties!!

4. Enjoy the race!
Hi-five people, sing to yourself and cheer other on. It's the little things that keep you going through the race!

3. Have a quote!
When I feel down, I tell God that I will use everything He gave me. I want nothing left when I cross the finish line.

2. Play "Pass the People"
When you are playing a game, time goes by faster. I pretend I'm playing pac man or frogger.

1. In all things Praise God!
God is so amazing to give us bodies that can accomplish great feats! Give Him the glory. I can do all things throug Christ!

No comments: